I’ve found myself searching out fun quilts on pinterest lately. I’m not a quilter (#notaquilter), but since I started developing the Tiny Log Cabin Pincushion class, I’m intrigued. Quilting allows for playing with color combinations, which I love, and the repetitive sewing is sort of meditative. I hope to make at least one quilt during my lifetime, just because!
So today I’m sharing five of my favorite inspiring, colorful quilts, in no particular order:
1. Purl Soho’s The Rainbow Quilt. It’s mini, but packs a colorful punch!
2. Breaking the Grid by Kari at Craft Happy. This color combination is fabulous, and the complexity/simplicity of the grid is really compelling. I keep trying to figure it out; I think it’s beyond me.
3. Gingham Patchwork Quilt by Erica at CB Handmade. I know it’s not colorful, but I’m a sucker for gingham.
4. Color Crush Quilt by Creative Chicks at Play. Just lovely.
5. Rainbow Cloud Quilt by Sherri Lynn Wood. This is not your typical quilt, and I love it.
Are you a quilter? Do you have any greater beginners tips to share?